After a few weeks of feeling on top of things, the last few have felt exceedingly hectic. Since my last Reading List, we've had a new bathroom, porch, windows, fence and deck, so things have been chaotic in the house and that has definitely seeped out into our lives and my brain! I am, however, really pleased with how it has all turned out. The house isn't 'finished' yet, but it is definitely getting there and with a few licks of paint and a few extra plants, I think we'll be ready to relax and *enjoy* living here for a while.
We've also been having our busiest social time of the year; we've definitely been going out less now that we have Benjamin to contend with, but the summer means more activities happen during the day so we can take him along. So, all of my best laid plans for blogging and podcasting and sorting my online life out have taken a nosedive - you may or may not have noticed that it's been a bit quieter over here and on Instagram. As I say on my podcast, you can have it all but just not all at once so I'll be back once all of this is over, have no fear.
In the meantime, here are some other lovely blog posts and articles for you to enjoy...
- If I weren't so afraid, my life would be bigger, better bolder. (I think I might try writing one of these lists...)
- Ruby's writing is always so brilliant, and this piece on why it's better to remain a salty bitch rather than being passive and 'good' for the sake of others' comfort hit me right in the feels.
- What Happened When I Stopped Caring About Style - Kate also hit me right in the feels, too.
- The changing face of romance novels - an interesting article, and a good place to beef up your romance TBR list.
- For everyone who's as obsessed with Love Island as me, In Defence of Megan Barton-Hanson
- Some food for thought: We're All Public Figures Now
- I'm in my 40s, child-free and happy - why won't anyone believe me?
- No one is immune from the comparison trap, it seem: I Stop Celebrities From Blowing Their Money
- Why Rizzo from Grease is still my icon - I love her more every time I watch that film.