Hey pals! How are you all doing?
I'm currently curled up on the couch watching Gilmore Girls, as Paul is off gallivanting in Barcelona for a stag do. The wedding is next month and I already have an outfit planned, which is very organised of me, isn't it? I feel like March is going to be a really good month - it is my last month of maternity leave (how did that happen?!) and I want to ring as much enjoyment out of it as possible. So Ben and I will be taking some fun little trips, spending a lot of time napping on the sofa (him, not me, sadly) and I'm also going to be working on getting the podcast that I keep banging on about off the ground at last. It's going to be about motherhood and work and creativity, and I hope you're going to dig it. If you want to be the first to listen, you can sign up to my newsletter here:
I've also got a couple of fun crafty workshops coming up, and the aforementioned wedding to attend. It feels like there was such a slow start to the year, and I'm so ready for all the newness and excitement of Spring, which I think is my favourite of all the seasons (although I say that about every season, except for winter which is a trash season). So, without further adieu, and so I can go and get myself a bowl of this delicious salted caramel ice cream, here are some fun things I've been reading on the Internet & loving in my life this month:
- Some people's life stories are just so fascinating to me - like this amazing woman who has done many things, including being Obama's Social Secretary.
- I was also pretty hooked on this post on how Alexandra Stedman started The Frugality and made it her full time job. (I really like posts by bloggers who had other jobs before they came to blogging, and Alexandra is super open about how she got to where she is today).
- Talking of jobs, Monica at The Travel Hack is changing up her family and work set up so it works for her, and it's pretty damn inspiring. As someone who both lives to work and works to live at the same time, I am so nosy about other people's situations.
- Since having a baby, I'm fascinated by other people's family set-ups - so this article on having an only child was super interesting.
- Sometimes you just need a doughnut, or two - Joy the Baker has got our backs with a recipe that makes one for now, and one for later.
- Elise is always an inspiration to me, and this mammoth post about making her own clothes just makes me want to start knitting my own jumpers.
- I've been using this night cream on Sali Hughes' recommendation and it's really great if you want a budget option.
- What's it really like to write a cookbook? A Couple Cooks spills the beans.
- Jen makes parenting look so stylish - her toddler toy set up is fancier than my whole house.
- I'm also coveting Fritha's colourful house this month - isn't it just gorgeous?
- I listened to the back episodes of the Making Oprah podcast this month (it's since changed titles to Making Obama, but I haven't got to those ones yet!) - she is really next level. I've also been loving the new When in Romance podcast by BookRiot, which I think you'll like if you love romance novels like I do.
- I only have so much brain space, so I really loved Sophie's post about the things she's choosing to no longer care about. I probably need to write my own list...