[Photo by Brooke Lark]
Hey there! Hope you've been having a lovely week. I've been pretty busy with various bits and pieces, including a wonderful macrame class at Stitch Up on Tuesday night with my colleagues. It was easier than I thought (isn't it always, when someone who knows what they're doing shows you?) but it got me thinking a lot about my relationship with crafting and creativity. Which basically means, expect an introspective post about that soon! In pregnancy news (do I ever have any other kind nowadays?), I also had an appointment with the midwife - all healthy and fine for now - and my bump has popped out enough that I've just about grown out of all of my clothes (or at least, the important things like jeans and skirts and dresses - baggy jumpers I'll probably be able to wear forever). As I write this, I'm having a bit of a nightmare finding an outfit for a wedding we're going to next week - I'm too small for maternity and too big for 'straight' sizes, so I've ordered about a million things from ASOS in a variety of sizes in the hopes that one of them works for me. Pregnant pals (or previously pregnant pals) - how did you deal with this inbetweeny stage?! I'm surrendering to the leggings for the everyday, but that's not always practical for work or events. Side note: maternity leggings are the best invention ever, and I will probably not go back to regular ones ever. Other than that, I'm looking forward to a lazy weekend with a pre-Valentine's date night thrown in. How about you guys?
- This is very niche but very interesting: The lost history of the very first camgirl clique.
- I love SarahLou's theory about January, and why it's maybe not the best time for goals. It definitely explains why I feels most vibrant around April time every year!
- My wonderful friend Michelle is crushing it in this article on the women behind the fight against cancer. It amazes and fascinates me when people have jobs that are actually real world important (unlike mine, which I love, but ultimately... no one dies if I don't do it).
- Using 'teenage girl' as an insult is just, well, dumb. I am always in awe of how kick-ass teenage girls are.
- It hurts my heart a little bit that I can't drink this delicious Valentine's cocktail... soon, my friends, soon.