[Photo by Brooke Lark]
Hey there! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend, as always. I have spent the weekend relaxing at the spa like the luxury bitch that I am, and I came home to a tidy house with fresh sheet on the bed - so basically I'm living the dream. It's been a busy week - but isn't it always? I'm full of the joys of autumn today - the trees along our street are a plethora of beautiful colours, I've just eaten a leftover pumpkin muffin and I have my snuggliest pyjamas on. If every day could be a little like today, I would be a very happy woman.
- I wrote a cheapskate guide to Leeds, which you can read over on Yes and Yes if you fancy a trip to this most glorious of cities but want to do it on a budget.
- Don't you love when you discover a blog and just want to dive straight into their archives? Let me introduce you to One Pleasant Day. You're welcome.
- I wish Will & Grace had never ended. (Also, none of them seem to have aged at all...)
- Those pumpkin muffins I mentioned were a riff on Smitten Kitchen's pumpkin bread. I insist you make them immediately, with plenty of cinnamon sugar on top. Brits, you can buy pumpkin puree at Waitrose.
- Alan Bennett is one of my favourite humans.
- Bloggers are not the new pop stars. A reminder of our own lack of importance is no bad thing.
- Feminist Instagram Poetry? I am so there.
- 5 things I wish I'd known about meal planning. I'm thinking that 'meal templates' might be a good idea for me!