[Photo by Luca Bravo]
What a beautiful day it is today! I hope it is similarly sunny where you are, and that you are able to make the most of all this autumn-ness. After I type this up, I'm heading to Lotherton Hall with some friends to go apple picking, before coming home and cooking up a giant roast dinner. It's my first time trying to roast beef properly, so wish me luck! I've also prepped some pastry ready for us to make an apple pie with the literal fruits of our labour, so excuse me whilst we all don our flannel shirts and step into a glorious autumn catalogue scene. It's been a busy couple of weeks for me, but something about the autumn just makes me happier than ever. Maybe it's the crunch of leaves underfoot or being able to wear snuggly jumpers or maybe it's just that things are going really well right now. I know that is rather sickening to read, and I apologise. I think it's just that the sun shining in through the window really puts me in a good mood and it's hard not to share that. I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!
- What I'd tell new food bloggers - a reflection on 10 years in the biz by Smitten Kitchen, the original and the best of us.
- I kind of want to go to the new Breaking Bad-inspired cafe in Brooklyn.
- 'I regret having kids'. I think this is a conversation we need to have more, even if it is painful. Kids should be a joy and it is messed up that we expect women to have them, even if they don't really want to.
- 5 rules for hosting a crappy dinner party - whatever gets us eating around the table together more. This reminds me a bit of my favourite ever Internet article about building community around Friday Night Meatballs. This is my life's work, I am sure of it.
- Would changing your hair colour also change how people treat you?
- I absolutely love this set of colourful photos - I find them quite soothing, in a way. (via Sade)
- How pop culture tells women to shut up. I am glad that they don't, though (shut up, that is).