[Photo by Anthony DELANOIX]
Hey pals, I hope you have all had lovely weekends! On Friday night, I was out celebrating my friend Tom's birthday at MOJO, complete with gin cocktails and cheesy chips on the way home. I always say I'm not going to stay out, and then get swept up in the excitement - especially when it's somebody's birthday. It is one of my favourite things to mix all of my friends together and see what happens, and so I always imagine everyone else loves it, too - it's fun to meet the people who love the people you love, isn't it?
Whilst the weekend was off to a rock 'n' roll start, the rest has actually been very sedate - which is basically the best balance of a weekend. Paul was away in London for our friend Gillian's birthday so I had the house all to myself. I ate baked camembert, read a whole load of books and took a bath in the afternoon. Afternoon baths are way better than evening baths, for some reason. It was delightful and I'm feeling ready to take on the next week!
- Oh, I'm going to miss Mel and Sue on Great British Bake Off. This description of how they helped make it one of the friendliest reality TV shows breaks my heart a little bit.
- If you've ever worked a retail job, you'll find this description of a man's first week working at Target very entertaining.
- Can we all talk about how amazing Gilmore Girls is?
- 5 small baking tips that will change the way you bake. Definitely getting myself a pizza stone!
- Some notes on domesticity, and duality of wanting your house to be both lived in and looked at. Just something to think about.
- How the Instagram flat lay trend came about. Not how you'd think!
- American presidential politics is a fairytale... or a horror story. (It also goes on for so goddamn long, doesn't it?)
- "I was a mens' rights activist" Another horror story, with a happy ending (this time).