[Photo by Benny Jackson]
I feel like I can chart the busy-ness of my life against the organisation (or lack thereof) of this blog. All my good intentions are thrown out of the window when things get hectic, as they have been over the past few weeks. My laundry pile is overflowing and my fridge is pretty much empty, but my heart is so, so full. How could it be otherwise? We have watched two of our friends get married this weekend, and today we sent Ellie off to University. She was very chill about it. I was not (but only after we left - I can be cool). The weekend before we cooked dinner on Friday night, drinking whisky and chatting well into the early hours, and then threw a mini party complete an all-American feast and toasting marshmallows over our new fire pit. We're in the dying days of summer, now. But I'm ready for autumn. For that back to school feeling. I'm ready to get organised again.
- 6 things you can do to support the blogs and podcasts that you love.
- London Beauty Queen is one of the most informative beauty blogs on the Internet and I found this post about different kinds of foundation really useful!
- It's OK not to travel. If you're not hurting anyone, it's OK to do most things.
- Who's your weird crush?
- Are we using Airbnb to live out our real estate fantasies?
- Reading Bored White Girls. In fiction they have everything, and yet they want to ruin themselves.
- How Avocado Toast came to mean 'healthy'. So that's why it costs so much...
- The woman you want to be is rich. Instagram has a lot to answer for.
- Non-Shit Motivational Quotes (from women who aren't Marilyn Monroe).
- Good food writing is as delicious as the food that inspires it.
- Reading what it was like to be on Air Force One on 9/11 gives me shivers.