I am taking a lax attitude to my 'to do' list these days. Somehow our autumn has become full without us even trying, with almost every weekend booked up with something fun to do. I am not usually very good with that; I get worried about all the 'home' stuff that I need to get done and that I'll be tired at work and the house will end up a mess. Except, that is not the life stuff. The life stuff is late September barbecues and picking pumpkins and visiting friends and hosting dinners. That's the real life stuff. Also, I'm just as anxious when I have less social commitments because I feel like I'm wasting time and also I *still* have a to do list as long as my arm. So basically, all I have learnt is that I am an anxious person. Wine helps. And so does the company of wonderful people. We spent the weekend at my aunt's house, which is messy (soz Michelle) but so full of love. I feel it for days after I leave, and I hope one day my house feels the same. With cuddle chairs you can immediately climb into, red wine for days, and shaggy dogs that fall asleep on your lap. And the best people. They are key in all this. I hope you have had a similarly relaxing weekend.
- On Leslie Jones and online abuse. I wish we didn't keep having to have this conversation.
- On a happier note, this Ghostbusters deleted scene is excellent.
- Anna Wintour's garden is all kinds of beautiful.
- "Giving up alcohol opened my eyes to the infuriating truth about why women drink"
- I want to quote this article on hunger forever: A man’s appetite can be hearty, but a woman with an appetite is always voracious: her hunger always overreaches, because it is not supposed to exist. If she wants food, she is a glutton. If she wants sex, she is a slut. If she wants emotional care-taking, she is a high-maintenance bitch or, worse, an “attention whore”: an amalgam of sex-hunger and care-hunger, greedy not only to be fucked and paid but, most unforgivably of all, to be noticed.
- Tracking Britney's career via her hairstyles. I just want Britney to be happy. I think we all do.
- What goes into developing a cookbook cover? More than you would think.
- The myth of the 'French girl' as told by actual French girls.
- How to stay in a UK luxury hotel for less than £100 per night. This is going to come in handy.