[Photo by Anders Jildén]
Hey friends! Hope you're having a happy, sunny Sunday. We're blitzing the DIY this weekend - we've got friends visiting in two weeks and the house is in no fit state so it's all hands on deck until then. By all hands, I mean me and Paul. We could do with some more hands, to be honest. The kitchen is still not done, but I'm hoping that by Wednesday I'll at last be able to cook something. Anything. A boiled egg would be nice right about now. Eating out every night sounds fun at first, but it's actually sort of a bummer. Other than that I've been busy working on a new book blog - I hope to have it up and running by tomorrow but we'll see. There's still a lot to do. It's all work and no play right now, and we know where that leads. Actually, I lie. We went to see Ghostbusters on Wednesday night with some friends, and it was better than I even expected. For me, it's totally better than the original. Awesome women saving the world whilst wearing world-saving-appropriate jumpsuits? I'm so down for that. Every time. God bless all who made that movie for us - it was exactly what I needed to see. How has your week been?
- Why men want to marry Melanias and raise Ivankas. Maybe they should just butt out.
- Since Ghostbusters was such a success, here's 9 other things we should give an all-lady reboot.
- How do you get rid of bad friends? Easier said than done.
- What it's like to be a woman on the Internet. This is too, too real.
- I love these photos of Leeds in the 1970s. What change we've lived through.
- 24 hours with Sisters Uncut. More of this, please.
- What's it like to be a food writer right now?
- The best cities in the world for book lovers - I want to go to there.
- I burst into tears as soon as I finished this book. Please read it.