[Photo by roya ann miller]
Let's get the kitchen talk out of the way early, shall we? It's still not there... BUT the builder has said it'll be in by next weekend. So can everyone please cross their fingers for me? Thanks, you guys. We've done lots of painting this week so the littlest bedroom and the room that will eventually be the kitchen/dining room are both bright white. It's amazing what a difference it makes. Things are coming together slowly. Very slowly, but surely.
Other than DIY-ing and complaining about the kitchen, I've mostly just been trying to keep cool this week. It's obviously very British to complain about a rubbish summer, then complain equally when it becomes hot and sunny. And I'm not ashamed to be that way. I just want a bit of sunshine, a light breeze and a reasonable temperature. Is that too much to ask? I think it might be.
I hope you've all had lovely weeks - I'm hoping to get a bit more up on the blog in the coming week, so do check back (and tell me off on Twitter if I'm being lazy and not blogging!).
- I'm not pretty, and I'm fine with it. All the fist bumps for Bangs' latest post.
- What makes a good friend? I think Dolly's got it nailed.
- The marriage of two of my favourite things: books for foodies.
- An evening with Twitter's biggest troll and his fans. Scary stuff.
- Is aspirational blogging out of fashion? I know I've been doing some unfollowing.
- 10 Things I Learned From Legally Blonde (aka maybe the greatest movie of all time).
- I'm a best-selling author... and a nanny. Basically, everyone is hustling. Don't feel bad.
- This piece from Hayleigh is longform blogging at its best and will give you all the feels.
- Lessons in parenting (or not) from The Famous Five. My favourite childhood books.