[Photo by Thomas Lefebvre]
It's totally cliche for bloggers to apologise for their absences, so I won't do that. But I do wish I was posting here more often. I have plenty of ideas for posts, but something about the abysmal state of our house right now is just sapping all my motivation. I have blogs to write, blankets to knit and books to read but all I want to do when I come home to another evening without a kitchen is to watch mindless TV and go to bed early. I know that's silly, but it feels so like we're in limbo right now. However, I have just had the most wonderful long weekend, so I shall not complain too much - I went to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child in London and all I will say is that it was totally magical. If you get a chance to see it, please do. I also ate all of the best food in London, and then came home and spent some relaxed time with Paul. We can't make food at home, so we went for pizza, and cake and drinks. It costs too much money, but sometimes you've got to do what you've got to do. I hope you've had a similarly lovely weekend!
- I love this so much: My Dad reads Wuthering Heights for the First Time.
- A poem about Monica from Friends. I laughed, but I felt guilty because I actually like Monica. (Yes, I know she's not real).
- Those isolated incidents add up. I can never know how it feels, but I can listen.
- How The Spice Girls made Wannabe and changed my life (and the life of all of us, perhaps).
- If I was handier with a sewing machine, I'd love to make one of these DIY word embroidered t-shirts.
- And also one of these sun hats. Instagram, eat your heart out.
- A socialist guide to Jeremy Corbyn's style. With politics right now, you have to laugh or else you'd cry...
- Elise's One Second Every Day video is just magical. I want to make one!
- How to Survive Your Twenties. It's easier, and harder, than you might think.
- What's the difference between fat acceptance and body positivity?
- A little sneak preview of the best books coming out in the second half of 2016. I'm ready.