[Photo by Manik Rathee]
What a week, you guys. I have a lot of Thoughts, but I am sort of tired about talking about Brexit, and Orlando, and Jo Cox. They're important conversations to be having, for sure, but they're also kind of a bummer and it's Sunday so I just want to read a book and go for brunch. I think that's probably okay. You don't come here for my pithy political commentary, anyway.
In other news, my house still resembles a bomb site (pop back tomorrow for photos!) but I did manage to make a pretty excellent slow-cooker lasagne in my garage kitchen last night so it's not all doom and gloom. We also watched Legally Blonde on Friday night, which is maybe the most happy-making film of all time and I would recommend it if you need to feel better about the world. Shall we see what the non-Brexit Internet has for us this week?
- Going to Hong Kong? Michelle has a handful of recommendations for you.
- I'm obsessed with podcasts and this list of the 22 most influential women in podcasting has some of my favourites.
- A handy chart for when you need to separate the haters from valid critics.
- 6 Messed-Up Psychological Thrillers (that aren't by Gillian Flynn).
- The definitive guide to poached eggs. I need to learn this essential skill.
- An unhealthy obsession with healthy living blogs. Life is a half-cooked microwaved croque monsieur when you were anticipating steak frites on the veranda.
- Rosie writes one of my favourite blogs, and this post really struck a cord with me.
- Why are we so obsessed with movie montages?
- 24 Things Women Over 30 Should Wear. Yep, pretty much.
- Sandwich-free lunchbox ideas. I need these.
- Jeff Lee coaches women to win the Miss. Universe competition and is, unsurprisingly, fascinating.
- We need to talk about racism in Britain. (Just don't read the comments if you value your sanity).
- BRB, travelling the world and staying only in Airbnb's with cats...
- I'm really going to miss Obama - and this selection of photos from his time in office is wonderful.
- What do Instagram stars really earn? I don't think you could pay me enough.
- 10 of the most boring experiences in the world.