[Photo by Leonardo Wong]
Hey pals! How are you getting on? I hope you're enjoying this wonderful Bank Holiday weekend. I'm up to my eyes in DIY and am taking a fun trip to IKEA today, so whilst you read this I'll probably be in a flatpack-induced meltdown. But still, we have the keys and the house is ours! Which is definitely something. We have no kitchen and a terrible bathroom and the worst carpets that the world has ever seen, but they are all ours. Is anyone interested in progress reports on the new house as we do it up, or are you kind of bored of me talking about it now? Maybe don't tell me of it's the latter and I'll live in blissful ignorance. I am trying to squeeze some fun out of the weekend (what, you mean sanding skirting boards isn't the most thrills anyone has ever had?!) with a little date with my girls to watch Reign tomorrow, and maybe a takeaway pizza tonight. Who says I don't know how to party? Let's see what the Internet has offered up for us this week, shall we?
- I listened to this podcast about Hillary Clinton on Monday and it was fascinating. I'm definitely a fan.
- I need to start wearing a facial SPF - so I'm bookmarking this list of good ones. I just want them to not be too sticky, is that too much to ask?
- Co-signed: Dear Internet, stop telling me to quit my day job.
- 13 right now. You couldn't pay me to do it.
- What does it mean when we call women "girls"? I have always found it weird to call myself a 'woman' rather than a girl.
- I am devastated that Buffy is leaving Netflix. I'm going to try and watch some of the 12 best episodes before Tuesday.
- Stuck in the middle between clean eating and body positivity. An emotional and important read for your Sunday.
- I shouldn't have laughed at this, but I definitely did.
- Kinda related: men explain why they take (and send) dick pics. I think it's important to distinguish between a solicited and unsolicited dick pic, though.
- How God messed up my happy atheist life.
- What is it like to be a ghost writer? (You know, I think I'd actually be kind of down for this career).
- The power of the mid-tier blogger. This industry will always fascinate me. I'd like to see some UK-focused facts and figures.