[Photo by Hoach Le Dinh]
Hey friends! How is your weekend going? I'm kind of enjoying the fact that it's a little bit miserable outside - this afternoon I plan to bake a crumble and then sit under a blanket and do some reading, which just feels so cosy when it's raining, doesn't it? If it doesn't perk up in June, though, I'm going to have to start searching for another country to live in - one with actual proper seasons. Leave your suggestions...
This week has been pretty lovely - on Thursday night I went to a six-course dinner made entirely of puddings, which is a wonderful way to eat if you ask me, and yesterday we popped over to Sheffield to see some friends who are over from the States and their sweet little baby, who we met for the first time. They were staying with their parents, who have three dogs, so basically my day was alternated between baby cuddles and puppy scruffles, which I think is my happy place - especially when there's a glass of Prosecco thrown into the mix (figuratively, of course).
I hope you've all had similarly wonderful weeks - I've got so many links for you today, so grab yourself a cuppa and let's get started, shall we?
- How to declutter your life.
- Why Rebecca is my favourite novel - even though I hate everyone in it. Such a brilliant piece about a brilliant book.
- Apparently white people don't use white emoji. Just something to think about.
- I think Cambridge might be next on my list of UK city breaks.
- I need to do this: I wrote a really bad novel.
- I aspire to be more like Tina Fey every day.
- There's a big gap between foodie culture and what people actually eat.
- "I discovered my mother's digital life after her death"
- Ladies of the past were badasses. I want to read this book about Agrippina so badly.
- Why it's important to leave good reviews. I've just gone and left reviews for all my favourite podcasts.
- We need to get real about teen mental health and OCD.
- This interview with the Obamas from 1996 is everything. I'll miss them.
- 7 ways to take viral food photos.
- Don't always follow the recipes you find on the Internet.
- Monty Python fans, take note - there's an Monty Python exhibition coming to Leeds this week.
- Want to do some crafting? This knitting and cross stitching 101 might be for you.
- Ugh, why are so many people angry about the new Ghostbusters? It won't ruin the original.
- The unhealthy truth about wellness and 'clean eating' - I'm happy we're having this conversation.
- Also: poor people deserve to taste something other than shame.