[Photo by Sujan Sundareswaran]
Hey pals! First up, did I just blog five times in one week? Yes, I think I did. My new attitude towards blogging is making things a whole lot easier and less stressful. There will be more recipes coming soon, I promise, but they just take that bit longer to plan and the weekends have been chock-a-block recently! Even when they're three days long, they just seem to fill up, don't they? Yesterday we helped our sweet friends Joe & Cheryl move into their new house. They're having such an exciting year and they are the best people. Although next time, they need to live in a ground floor flat - my legs can't take all the running up and down stairs!
And then we spent the evening at Kendell's Bistro, celebrating our wedding anniversary. How did that come around so fast? Technically it's on Monday, so pop back for a soppy blog post then. I've been wanting to go to Kendell's for almost as long as I've lived in Leeds, so it's exciting that I get to use this opportunity to not only hang out with my favourite person but also eat delicious French food. Life is good, people. This week also saw me wearing my first pair of dungarees as an adult, celebrating pay day with Aperol Spritzes and finishing 'The Nest', which is a pretty stellar read. If you like New York books and family drama books, then definitely check it out! How has your week been?
- 6 people who make my Internet better.
- The extraordinary story of how a son survived being injected with HIV by his father.
- Kate's snaps of San Francisco make me want to go to the city even more!
- Stop trying to 'Eat, Pray, Love' your life.
- What's the difference between champagne, cava and prosecco?
- I think I want to be Anna Barnett when I grow up.
- I always struggle with portion control, and it seems I'm not the only one.
- Why do we talk about Millennials like they're all middle class?
- I need some of these cute indoor plants to make your house totally Pinterest-worthy.
- Food for thought: On Being Non-Binary in Female-Centric Spaces
- This interview with Melania Trump is both fascinating and slightly terrifying.
- Here's some foodie podcasts to listen to whilst you cook. (Or at any other time, really).