[Photo by Matthew Wiebe]
Hey friends! How are you doing? I'm super psyched about how sunny and bright it is right now. Spring is coming, and I cannot wait. I always feel a bit bummed out at the end of February/beginning of March because it feels like we've been enduring winter for so damn long, but hope is on the horizon! I am ready for some new challenges, new weather and new clothes! Talking of new challenges... this week I joined the gym for the first time in YEARS. The gym is a pretty scary place when you don't really have a clue where you're going or what you're doing, but I braved it and went for an early morning run on Thursday. Let's see if I can keep this up - I really do mean to, but exercise is always the first to go when I'm feeling stressed and busy. On Tuesday night, I went trampolining with my colleagues, which was so much fun. Although after twenty minutes we were all exhausted - we're definitely too old for such shenanigans! My back has been aching all week as a result, which just proves that I'm not as young as I think I am. That said, I've been spending the weekend reading as much of the Georgia Nicholson series as I can in tribute to Louise Rennison. I will never not love those books - although they sometimes do trigger some painfully embarrassing memories from my teenage years. Too real, you guys. Too real. What have you all been up to? I hope you're having a restful weekend that's full of joy.
(P.S. I know I've been neglecting my beautiful newsletter subscribers, but I will definitely have something for you this afternoon - sign up if you want in!)
- If, like me, your travelling is gonna be on a budget this year, here's some cute but inexpensive boutique hotels.
- Talking of which: how to travel like a gentlewoman. One of the best articles on travelling I've ever read.
- A guide to North Korean food from a man who's been eating it for 14 years.
- In defence of carbs. Carbs are your friends, you guys.
- What was your mother like before you knew her?