[Photo by Paul Itkin]
Hey friends! Things have been a bit quiet around here, but I promise to get back to our regular scheduled programming very soon. I'm going to try and keep this short and sweet, because I am a little bit worse for wear after a hen weekend for my sweet friend Katie. It's been a busy couple of weeks, with a trip to London to visit friends, dinner at Smoke BBQ to try out their (mammoth!) platter or barbecue-y goodness, the aforementioned hen do and plenty of other life stuff in between. March is already looking slower and sunnier, and I am excited for some quiet weekends. I've also collected lots of lovely links for you, so grab a cuppa and settle in for some Sunday reading!
- I was slut-shamed for writing an essay about rape. We need to keep having these conversations.
- Who's your Made in Chelsea Spirit Animal?
- I need to make these cheesecake eggs with shortbread soldiers this Easter. So. Cute.
- I'm also going to try poaching eggs in the oven. Anything to get that Instagram yolk porn.
- On the sad inevitability of the grown man and the teenage girl:
"It's hard to talk now about what me and my female friends talk about all the time: the teenagers we were, the men we met, the connection we thought we felt that turned out be a simple yet evidently one-sided transaction."
- Portland is high on my travel wish-list: 18 places to check out if you're visiting there.
- Popcorn + Booze. Let's do this thing.
- I found love because I got lucky, not because I changed myself. Yep.
- My birthday word is 'emoticon' - what is yours?
- Eating too 'clean' can kill you. Good thing I bought that tube of Pringles then, isn't it?
- This gives me hope for my new house: Want to be a better cook, try a tiny kitchen.
- The anatomy of bad sex in literary fiction.
- Tumblr totally fascinates me. I wish I understood it better: The secret lives of Tumblr teens.
- Don't have an Instagram husband? You can hire one for the day!
- Food for thought: text me when you get home.
- Want to read more but are pressed for time? Here's a list of books you can read in an hour.
- What is it like being a female Uber driver?
- 40 words for emotions that you've felt but couldn't explain.