[Photo by Jared Erondu]
Hey friends! How are you all doing? I've had a packed weekend, which is why this is coming to you so late today, but it's been so much fun. We celebrated my aunt's 50th birthday with a surprise party last night - which is the first time I've ever had cause to shout 'surprise' properly! My family is brilliant to hang out with, so it was a great night. I can only hope to be so lucky on my own 50th birthday. Today we took a trip to some of our favourite childhood haunts around my aunt's house - stopping by to fuss their very fluffy dogs, before getting our sweet fix at the Ice Cream Farm and making a candle at Cheshire Workshops. Sometimes it's nice to do something so familiar with your favourite people. This week has been busy, too, with curry nights at work, house viewings and a little trip to see Sarah Millican on Thursday night. She was wonderful, but her support act, Jonathan Mayor stole the show a little for me. I'm looking forward to a little more rest and relaxation in the coming week - and my birthday! What are you looking forward to?
- 14 Things You Only Own When You've Reached Peak Adulthood. So close!
- What's it like to quit vegetarianism?
- I want to eat these Taiwanese Pork Noodles every day for the rest of the week.
- Are we creating a homogenous view of femininity in the blogosphere? Blogging started as a way to resist the view of women presented by traditional media, but those who succeed in this business tend to follow the same mould that has always existed. Just something to think about.
- Why do teenagers hate PE? I think we can all relate to this a little bit...
- In case your feed needs some more pretty in it: 5 Instagrammers to Follow
- How cool is this Gotham themed hotel in Manchester?
- 7 women who are making waves in the food industry. Crushing it!
- If you need cheering up, just read about this cat who has made his home in the local supermarket.
- Definitely making this orange and thyme upside down cake this week.
- I love this interview with Freya, blogger and wonderful photographer.