[Photo by Padurariu Alexandru]
Hey pals! How are you doing? No doubt whilst you are reading this, I'm feeling very sorry for myself and suffering from the after effects of last night's work Christmas do. I'm very lucky to work somewhere with such lovely people, so I can hardly complain - but lord knows they like to drink! It's always fun to get dressed up in a sparkly dress and eat, drink and be merry, however, so I think whatever I'm suffering now is probably worth it. I'm very grateful for the Christmas period - I think we all need to let our hair down a bit, drink a little too much Prosecco and indulge a little too much in our favourite foods. It makes winter so much more bearable when there are twinkly lights everywhere, and a big stretch of time off work to look forward to. I'm already planning to clean my house from top to bottom and read as many books as I can get my hands on. I live a rock 'n' roll life, always. And on that note... here are a few links for rock 'n' roll Sunday reading!
- Amy Poehler just might be my favourite living human. I think this proves why.
- Are we kidding ourselves that cooking is easy? Because, sometimes, it really isn't.
- How do friendships change over time? (via Emma)
- I think we could all do with reading Laura's no bullshit guide to being healthy over Christmas.
- 5 things Aziz Ansari get so right about food in Master of None. I'm obsessed with that show.
- Being a good girl can be dangerous for your health. Real talk. (via Sarah)
- Uncanny. Celebrities who nailed 2015 trends way before their time.
- Have tissues ready when you read this tale of grief and inheritance.
- The best books you didn't read in 2015.
- How each Myers-Brigg personality prepares for the holidays. I'm an ENFJ and this is very accurate.
- Which rolling pin is best? (Spoiler alert: all of them).
- I'll be making these mint snowman marshmallows to take to work next week. So cute!
- I really need this salt cellar. Yep, I've become that person.
- Actual teens vs. the actors that play them. Good to know that everyone has an awkward phase.
- Nigella Lawson is a total hero, and I won't hear otherwise.
- I'm hoping that our Christmas party doesn't end up with an embarrassing story like these ones.