[Photo by Annie Spratt]
I am feeling full of Christmas cheer, right now. This week we've been playing Christmas tunes in the office, I've been baking lots of Christmas treats and last night we cosied up at The Mustard Pot's lodge, complete with roaring fire and Christmas jumpers a-plenty. I'm also kind of feeling like I'm ready for a new year. I always get a bit antsy at this time of year; it's like when you get near to the end of a notebook and it feels all messy so you just want to start a new, blank one rather than using up the last few pages. There are so many things I want to get cracking with, but the busy-ness of the Christmas season means that they have to wait for the New Year. That said, I'm trying to enjoy that busy-ness this year - we've already bought all of our Christmas presents and the tree is up so all that's left is to pour another glass of mulled wine and get cracking!
- I made some Christmas Sangria for my book club - the recipe is over on The High Tea Cast.
- Why I dress differently as a wife - I think I dress the same, but Paul did convince me that a pair of velvet trousers were essential rather than ridiculous...
- Possible titles for my memoir as a hapless twenty-something. This is too real.
- Like the rest of the Internet, I love Ashley Ford's work. This interview with her is wonderful.
- Cookbooks make really great gifts - here's a few recommendations if you're stumped.
- Pomegranates are perfect this time of year; here's how to get those delicious seeds out.
- I'm all about the low-maintenance make-up looks - this smokey eye tutorial is going to be my go to, for sure.
- All I want to eat right now is this monkfish and king prawn thermidor. Perfect comfort food!
- A girl staged a real-life version of Gone Girl to try and win back her ex. Spoiler alert: It didn't work so well.
- I've been thinking about getting a small tattoo for a while, and I love some of these feminism-inspired designs.
- Have you ever wondered what food bloggers really eat?
- These ratings of dudes the writer met online over the past year will make you giggle.
- 20 Things a Bitch Better Have. Real talk.
- I'm tempted to book a trip to Liverpool after reading Olivia's guide to the city.