[Photo by Death to Stock Photo]
Hey friends, how's it going? I'm actually writing this on Friday night whilst mainlining Minstrels. It's been a long week, hasn't it? I've got a fun weekend ahead of me, with a trip to Haworth and dinner at the house of our dear friends Sarah and Ste tomorrow. Hence sitting here and trying to type this out early. It's good to try and get ahead of yourself sometimes. I'm getting distracted though, because Paul is scruffling the cat at the other end of the sofa and she is making the most adorable squished face of happiness. I'm so glad that she's our cat, even if she does maintain a mild level of hated for me. She was so skittish and nervous when we first got her, and it makes me sad to think that she hasn't been living this life of feline luxury forever.
This week has mostly been me trying to keep my head above water. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like that right now. There have been moments of joy, though. Aren't there always? We had some lovely drinks at Further North on Monday night with our new friends Heather and Jeff. A little wine and a lot of good conversation in a cosy bar is the perfect way to start the week. I also made Cinder Toffee with my Guides on Wednesday, which was lots of fun, and I perfected a meatball recipe. All in all, a pretty successful week, as you can tell. What have you been up to?
- I made some very tragic pork ramen last week, but I'm looking forward trying Lizzie's simple chicken ramen. Fingers crossed for more success!
- I'm hoping Santa might bring me this beautiful drinks trolley. I think it might be out of Santa's budget, though.
- Shall we dive head-first into these beautifully, fluffy marshmallows and then eat our way out?
- Every celebrity interview ever. Sigh. (via Modern Mrs Darcy)
- The process of writing a cookbook is fascinating. So much work so that I can cover them in butter and flour.
- I'm eagerly anticipating the return of Serial, but these true crime podcasts have also caught my eye.
- Real talk: We are all awkward. These anecdotes will make you laugh, I promise.
- Now I'm dreaming of a foodie holiday in Portland. How fun would that be?
- Desserts I have been horrified by on Great British Bake Off. Sometimes #GBBO is the weirdest.
- I'm thinking of doing this 30 Days of Yoga challenge. I think I need indoor exercise now that it's cold.
- A little peek behind the scenes of writing a feminist book. Intense, but fascinating.