[Photo: Death to the Stock Photo]
Hey, friends! I'm writing this ahead of time, because today we're off celebrating with friends at a Naming Ceremony for one of their sweet girls. I'm not going to lie to you, I am looking forward to baby cuddles and hanging out with toddlers as much as I am seeing our friends and catching up on their news. Throw in a mimosa and some brunch, and you've basically got my dream Sunday right there.
Tomorrow (which is your yesterday!), we're off to Banbury to hang out with my oldest and dearest friend, Jess. She has moved their recently, so we've never been before, but it's just down the road from Oxford, which is one of my favourite places. I've baked them a chocolate pie and we're taking champagne, so I'm pretty sure it's going to be a good time.
Other than that, I've just been trying to catch my breath this week. Between work and volunteering and social occasions, there is just too much right now. It's okay. I can do it. But I look forward to a free weekend so I can get everything sorted. It's a busy time of year, right?
What have you all been up to? I want to know!
- I want to cosy up in slippers and drink this Lindt hot chocolate that Cate has whipped up.
- Let's learn about gentrification. It's happening, whether we like it or not.
- The lovely Sara is running a free email course on Instagram. Her feed is beautiful, so I'm hoping some of it rubs off on me. Go and sign yourself up!
- Caroline Hirons is very wise about skincare, but she's also pretty wise about the importance of voicing your opinion. Preach!
- Here's a question for you. What are Millennials doing right now?
- I treat myself with ASOS orders and brownies, so I could probably do with some of these ways to treat yo'self that aren't shopping or eating. Brownies are still good, but variety is the spice of life.
- I need to take a Readcation. I think we all do. Maybe we can negotiate it into our contracts?
- The stuff of dreams: A Harry Potter where Hermione doesn't do their homework for them.
- A reminder we all need about the copyright of recipes. Let's all be generous to each other, shall we?
- Nancy Meyers is a pretty cool lady.
- Emma was very brave in sharing her abortion story. We need to talk about this more. Even when it's uncomfortable. Especially when it's uncomfortable.