Hey friends, how are you all doing? I am getting right back into the swing of things after our two week honeymoon in the USA. It was great to have such a long break and to spend all that time exploring new places, but I am glad to be home. I am a homebody at heart, and I like routine. That said, the past few days have been so busy, I'm already planning our next break! Yesterday we headed to Belgrave Feast with Emma - can you believe it was my first time in attendance? I gorged myself on delicious Parmo (more of this in Leeds, please!) and freshly cooked doughnuts before retiring home to read some Margaret Atwood and nap. A great Saturday, if ever there was one.
Having some time away from things has also given me a bit of perspective on how I'm spending my time, and the projects that I take on. I know that we all bemoan how busy we are, but I feel like this is the time of my life to get stuck into things, to say yes to everything that comes along and dream big about where my side hustles can take me. You can sleep when you're dead, right? I'm making plans and trying new things, and that's always exciting.
How are things with you? How have you been whilst I was away?
- In the age of the Internet where recipes are only a Google away, are cookbooks still useful? My heaving shelf and pastry-peppered pages say yes.
- I always struggle for packed lunch ideas, so I'm borrowing some of these ones.
- Food for thought: are you pretending to be miserable?
Pretending to be less happy, less smart, or less ambitious than you really are does NOT help you, your community or the planet.
- This beautiful illustrated guide to making macarons might actually help me get over my fear and give these bad boys a go!
- Danielle LaPorte shares the 28 best things that she ever did - what are yours?
- Finally! Proof that Tuna Fey really does love me.
- Oh, early 00s, what fashion treats you gave us. A little look at the stuff Sienna Miller made us wear.
- Are we living in a paedophile culture?
- Forever reading pieces about OITNB: Ex-Prisoners on watching Orange is the New Black.
- Can I live/cook in this kitchen please? Kthxbai.
- I'm desperate to host a supper club, so I always love hearing people's supper club stories.