[Photo by Jordan McQueen]
Is it just me that has a calendar booked up until after Christmas? I don't say that to boast about my popularity, but more to commiserate with you if you are in a similar situation. I've been trying to find a date to go to the new cheese cafe in Leeds (yep, you heard me right) but for the last two weeks it's been proving impossible. How can that be? Work and friends and family and life fill up so much time. And yet, I think I'm okay with it, for now. This won't always be how it is, and I think I'd rather fill my time to the brim whilst I can. That said, I'm already looking forward to hibernating during the Christmas break. I'm going to bake and read books and maybe not change out of my pyjamas all day.
I can hardly complain when I get to do so many wonderful things with my time. This week I carved pumpkins with the Guides (my first time, ever!), made a fabric Christmas wreath at a workshop with some lovely gal pals (can I say gal pals?!) and gorged myself silly at the Fat Faced Cat Supper Club last night. 12 courses, people. It's too many for one person to handle, but it was glorious in its impossibility. Plus, as the name suggests, they have an adorable cat. What have you been up to this week?
- This post about getting together, building community and breaking bread is one of the best things I have ever read. Don't be surprised when I start my own version of 'Friday Night Meatballs'. (via Cate).
- 20 of the creepiest haunted houses, castles and mansions in literature. I'm excited for Halloween, even if I don't get to dress up this year.
- See also: scary stories with just two sentences. Let your imagination run wild...
- Can you believe that Instagram has just had its 5th anniversary? So much has changed, and so little.
- I loved this look behind the scenes at Ovenly. A part of baking I've never thought about!
- Japan has always fascinated and slightly (understatement) daunted me. If you're like me, then these practical tips for visiting this beautiful country will help.
- 10 Things Your Hairstylist Wants You To Know. Duly noted. (via Tracy)
- I love hanging out with my friends' kids. I think because I am so short and eager to read kids books, they think I am one of them. Not so into it? Here's a few tips to help you survive.
- PSA: You have the power to ruin someone's day. What are you going to do with it? (Hint: Be nice to people). (via Sarah)
- Can we call something a choice if it feels exactly the opposite? I love Liz's exploration of body hair - lots of food for thought.
- This is important: Why I Created Sexual Consent Lessons for Universities.
- In Leeds and fancy learning a crafty new skill for the winter? Learn to knit a snood!
- This might just be my dream home. (via Jen)
- Shall we all just go to New Orleans next fall? I think we should.