(Photo by Luis Llerena)
Hey friends! Another bumper round of links for you this week. I really need to get more organised, that is for sure. Today I am having a catch up day - lots of baking, blogging and Orange is the New Black. (Anyone else crazy excited for the new series this week?!). It's a bit of a downer, because the sunshine is so beautiful, but I know that having everything sorted will make the week so much simpler and easier, so a little sacrifice is necessary.
It's not like I've not been doing loads of fun stuff recently, anyway. Last weekend was for barbecues in the garden and Sunday roasts with Paul's family. It's neat how being in a couple nets you a whole extra bunch of people to call family. This weekend was for walking the Meanwood Valley Trail, which was a bit of adventure. We encountered some goats and a tiny puppy and an ice cream van on our way, although not the crayfish or lizards promised in the brochure. And then last night we ate our fill of tacos and drank margaritas at our favourite restaurant in Leeds, Pinche Pinche. So all in all, a total beaut of a weekend. Much needed, because work has been crazy busy recently. Plus, I've decided to take on a bunch of personal projects which are filling up time - including crocheting a cushion and baking everything from Joy the Baker's first book. My cookbook collection often gets neglected, so it's time to start actually using it!
What have you been up to?
- Leeds! If you like helping community projects, eating soup, and have £4 to spare then get yourself down to Left Bank Soup! It sounds like a really lovely idea, and hopefully one that will grow.
- I've added a few of these summer reads all about food to my ever-growing to-read list! (via Tracy)
- This copper bed is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, but first I need to buy a house to put it in.
- Horror movies that were really cursed. Yikes!
- "Looking my daughter in the face and telling her she was just like me, and in the next breath destroying my body in front of her, was a catastrophic mixed message." - this piece on body image and raising a daughter gave me all the feels.
- Some excellent foodie hotspots to try out. Road trip, anyone?
- Amy Schumer is having a moment, and I'm so glad. This parody sketch of that One Direction song is too perfect.
- Should there be a minimum age for writing a memoir? Short answer: no.
- We bemoan technology as the scourge of humanity, but actually it can be the greatest thing ever.
- What's it really like to date as a trans person?
- Let's all up our Instagram tips with these tips on taking a better Instagram, and these ones on acing Insta-food shots.
- There are six forms of motivation - what motivates you?
- Why is that girl movies like Mean Girls, Clueless and Pitch Perfect become classics? Because they're so much more than films.