[Photo by Alyssa Smith]
Hey friends! It feels like forever since we've had a little catch-up and shared some link love, but I am back with a vengeance (and with a bumper set of links for you, grab your cuppa now!). Obviously it's been a very hectic few weeks for me - I got married! That was pretty ace. It was a super fun day and I got to wear a sparkly dress and marry Paul and eat cake. Can I tell you a secret though? As fun as it, and our subsequent mini-honeymoon in Copenhagen, was - I am quite glad to get back to normal. I thrive on routine and structure. I am already a boring married lady, and I am totally fine with it. In fact, the afternoon after we got back from Copenhagen, we went to IKEA and bought a chair. And then the next day I decluttered our whole bedroom, which brought me almost as much joy as sipping cocktails at Sticks n Sushi. Almost.
This week has been a return to Leeds life, and I've basically been skipping around I'm so happy. It is a true joy for my everyday life to feel like a treat, and I hope this feeling lasts forever. I've been making some plans for fun things in the future, getting back into running and giving Tuna lots of scruffles to make up for leaving her with a stranger for a week. A stranger to her, not to us, I might add! On Thursday Emma and I went to the opening of The Liquorist on Greek Street; it's a replacement for and an improvement on The Living Room with some lovely design touches - it's worth popping in if you're after a happy hour cocktail or two. We also gorged ourselves silly at Cielo Blanco, which was a great way to spend a Thursday evening!
What have you all been up to, then? Tell me about your lives!
- I don't always put recipes in my weekend link love, but I am pinning everything in the world I want to eat - so go check it out!
- Real talk: why 'don't worry about money, just travel' is the worst advice of all time.
- Television ladies are really bringing it recently. Like how Leslie Knope is just the best human ever. And how Kim Wexler from Better Call Saul can teach us a lot about how to be a good friend to a needy person. And perhaps most importantly, how Della from Raised by Wolves is the best character on TV right now. If you haven't watched these shows, you need to.
- You guys, the colour blue might be a modern invention. WHAT? (via Sarah)
- This is an excellent read: How I Chose Life Over My Mother. I am a million times grateful for my parents and my stable childhood.
- The grass is always greener, right? This post on being an 'honorary spinster' is full of wisdom.
- This will make your whole day: this cat at a Polish shelter has taken on the role of nurse for the other animals. It is heart-breakingly adorable. I'm crying, right now.
- Pre-wedding, I wrote this about wedding planning. Post-wedding, I stand by it.
- We're all turning into our parents. It's time to get used to it.
- Our second honeymoon (yep, we're those people) is going to be New York so I am bookmarking these incredible places to eat. Whole hog BBQ? Big Gay Ice Cream? So there.
- Washing up worries aside, I have been blessed with wonderful housemates. These people were not so lucky.
- 'For a large subset of the population, Chill is one of the most desirable qualities in a romantic prospect.' But maybe it shouldn't be? It probably shouldn't be.
- This was a little bit too close to home: Wanting to be Liked Won't Earn You Respect. I shall aspire to be like Meryl from now on.
- Read this, immediately went home and ate all the chorizo.
- I'd love to host on airbnb when we get a house, so it was cool to read about what it's really like!
- Hong Kong is very much on my must-visit list.
- What I wouldn't do for a vertical herb garden. My basil is forever dying inside. (via Amina)
- Last, but no means least - let's make the ultimate cheese board and then drink wine and laugh all night.