(Photo by Shannon Richards)
This week has been wonderful. Tiring but wonderful. I don't think I've stopped to breathe all week, but it's been so full of fun things. On Tuesday, the girls and I went to watch Pitch Perfect 2. It was everything I wanted and more - Rebel Wilson is a total hero and the finale made my well up. On Thursday I was coffee and cheese tasting as part of Leeds Indie Food Festival with Emma, and then Friday saw me on a date night with Paul at the newly opened Pieminister.
Of course, that was nothing compared to the weekend. Yesterday we spent the afternoon at Leeds Feast, soaking up the sunshine and snacking on street food. It was one of the best events I've ever been to, and I was totally walking on air afterwards. I am so happy to live in a city where wonderful things like this happen regularly. There were so many happy faces, stuffed with delicious food, and it was just lovely. After a quick change at home, we were off to Stu's birthday barbecue with all of my favourite people. More food, more drink, more happy people. It's enough to get you drunk on contentment.
Today I'm having lunch with my Dad, whose made the trip up to Yorkshire especially, and then vegging on the sofa with Paul and Tuna, catching up on telly and getting ready to do it all again! What have you got planned for your Sunday?
- A chef, a baker and a chocolate maker tell us what they wish they'd known when they started out.
- What would your name be if you were born today? I'd be Allison.
- I'm always drooling over Izy's food photography, so I'm going to be practicing her tips to improve mine! (P.S. Read this interview with her, too!)
- I'll be keeping hold of these tips for renting out your home on airbnb - it's always useful to get the inside track. (via Rachel)
- I loved Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - it's so interesting to get her thoughts on fan fiction.
- Leeds, if you don't have your own herb garden - you can pick some fresh herbs from this communal garden!
- Ian McEwan is one of my favourite authors - and his words on freedom of speech will definitely make you think.
- I think we all need to check out these under-rated American foodie cities.
- Kim Kardashian is a fascinating figure. This discussion on her new book is wordy, but made me think.
- How weird is it that so many things we know and love are becoming obsolete? Will alarm clocks become hipster accessories? Will we one day have no books in our homes? Too many questions.