(Photo by Oliver Berghold)
How good is the long weekend? I'm writing this on Saturday and there are still TWO WHOLE DAYS before I have to go back to work. Tomorrow I'm cooking a fancy dinner for a couple of friends, which I'm very excited for. There are welcome cocktails. There are three courses. It's rare that I get to go all out like that. This is why I need a proper dining room, so I can start a supper club and get to do this all the time.
Other than that, we're just powering through a lot of wedding admin this weekend. It's getting so close, and although I am most definitely excited, I am done with all the to-do lists and the pile of jam jars in my living room. Planning a wedding is a lot less fun than you are led to believe at the beginning.
How are you spending your Easter weekend?
- I definitely need to order some of these Spring cookbooks.
- Is it time to get a Bechdel test for music? I think it probably is.
- This is probably the most perfect Easter cake of all time. If you have any leftover Mini Eggs, that is...
- All I want right now is one of these crab pasties. There is so much good food coming into season at the moment.
- What's the difference between working at Microsoft, Google and Facebook? It seems kind of what I'd expected.
- I think all aspiring home owners can relate to this: Ways in which I believe my life will resemble a Nancy Meyers film now that I am a homeowner.
- 'I fear that in wanting to become every kind of woman, I become none'. Being a woman is hard.
- If you're a blogger, here's what you REALLY need to know about the ASA guidelines on disclosure.
- What would the world be like if Taylor Swift was in charge? Amazing. That's how it would be.
- Obsessed with this Rhubarb and Apple Pie. I'll have four slices, please.
- I'd love to rent out our home on AirBnB - here's some tips for doing just that. (via Rachel)
- Things that my male colleagues in the tech industry have said to me. Ugh, sexism is the worst. I am glad that, despite working in a male-heavy, digital environment that I haven't experienced this, but I know that it happens.
- I have Thoughts about Pretty Woman, and how it's kind of the worst rom com of all time. This article about the fashion in the movie was super interesting (and kind of confirms my Thoughts). (via Elise)
- Just got engaged? This is exactly the advice that I would give you.
- I'm running a bake off at work, which I very much want to win. I think this Chocolate Macaroon Cake with Orange Buttercream might be the one.
- I would LOVE to see these feminist Ben & Jerry's flavours on the shelves. (via Joy)