Hey friends, how's it going? You might have noticed that things are a bit quiet around here at the moment - and I am blaming that all on The Wedding. We're getting married a week on Saturday (so soon!), so I've had to start doing all the jobs and chores that I completely ignored for the first 17 months of planning this thing... On top of an increasingly busy work life and some social bits and pieces here and there, it hasn't left much time for blogging. I don't want to abandon this space, but at the same time it has been nice to have some weekends where I'm not worrying about getting blog stuff done. Running a blog and posting even semi-regularly takes up an awful lot of time and brain space, so I think I'm going to be adjusting how things work around here to give me more time for Real Life (such as it is). We'll see how that goes, once I'm back off honeymoon. I just wanted to drop in and say hello, and see what you've all been up to! So, what have you been up to? Here's a few things that have been filling my days:
- I went to a crochet class at Baa Ram Ewe and it was excellent - I've been practising my crochet ever since!
- I freaked out about wedding stuff a lot. Mostly because no one had RSVP-ed. Never again, my friends. Never again.
- I went to Kielder Observatory and shivered a lot and looked at the stars through a telescope. It was pretty cool.
- I put on my walking boots and walked around Kielder Water in the sunshine. Can I do that every weekend, please?
- I spent waaayyy too long reading Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Have you read it?
- I picked all my favourite songs for our wedding playlist and relived the glory years of 00s hiphop.
- I've spent all my spare money on a Spring wardrobe - including a denim dress from Oasis that I never want to take off.
- I had a fantastic meal with my favourite girls at The Hungry Bear. There was a lot of wine and it was good.
- I made an excellent Lamb Kleftiko over the Easter weekend. I'm still dreaming about it (and the potatoes that went with it).
- I'm getting excited about asparagus season. It's my favourite season.
- I've been to about a million wedding dress fittings. It's almost done, and I'm excited to wear it. It's sparkly!
And that's about it! How about you?