(Photo by Kiran Valipa)
Whilst I'm sure you weren't pining for my absence, it feels good to be back! I took an unplanned hiatus last week because blogging on top of everything else would have just been too much. Life is ramped up to full throttle at the moment: we're less than 7 weeks from the wedding, so we're tying up all the loose ends there; I had a bit of a crisis re: next week's hen do, with a small mishap sending everything awry for a few days; work is super busy and of course, all the regular life stuff is still finding it's way into the melee. I'm excited for the wedding, but I think I'm even more excited for the few days in Copenhagen afterwards when I can relax, read and stuff myself full of food and wine. Proper time off is most definitely needed. But enough about me. How are you?
- I want to have a drink with Dan Savage. This is probably the closest I'll get.
- I'd probably drink these spicy cucumber margaritas. They sound good, right?
- Why can't there just be a female Ghostbusters remake? Why can't everyone just be cool?
- The final answer on 'what will those tattoos look like when you're old?' is right here.
- I am gluten intolerant... intolerant. Me too, a little bit.
- Let's all have waffles for lunch. Related: I need a waffle iron.
- So it turns out I really need to read The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up.
- You can start a fashion blog without editorial spreads and fancy cameras. Even if it doesn't seem like it.
- "I am not the one with the problem. I can twirl. You, shackled by gender expectations, cannot." - In Defence of Prancing, Effeminate Men.
- When Your Punctuation Says It All. I find this fascinating, especially as a chronic over-user of the emotive exclamation mark.
- This is what it's like to go to prison for Internet trolling. It's upsetting to think that these two trolls were sending such horrific threats 'for a laugh'.
- How long would it take you to read some of the most popular books?
- If you've not been watching The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix then you are missing out. Here's how they're subverting the gay best friend stereotype, which is just one of the reasons why it's awesome.
- What do I have in common with Oprah & Martin Luther King? We have the same Myers-Brigg personality type.