(Photo by André Freitas)
Hey friends, how's it going? I'll be honest with you, this week has been a tough one. I am glad that it is over. Bereavement, work stress, wedding crises, and just general overwhelm have taken over our lives and it's been a bit rough. Of course, those things don't just go away because a new week starts, but it does feel like a Monday is a chance to restart and rewrite so whilst no one really loves Mondays, I am quite looking forward to tomorrow. However, it's not all doom and gloom (is it ever?). My baby sister came to stay this week to interview at Leeds Uni (she got in, obviously) so it was fun to hang out with her a little bit, even if I wasn't at my best. It'll be so great if she comes to this city in September - living far away from family is definitely not ideal so the more that move here the better! Today we are visiting a couple of secondhand bookshops (the best!), powering through some wedding prep, baking more bread (I'm addicted) and pub quizzing tonight. They say a Sunday well spent brings a week of content; let's hope so.
- I'm doing pretty well at breaking these 25 habits to stop by age 25. Apart from leaving my umbrella at home when it's going to rain. Always guilty of that one.
- Some blog shortcuts you can't afford to take if you want to get ahead.
- I love Jen's realistic 30 before 30 list. Is this something I have to start thinking about now or have I got a couple of years?
- Edinburgh is my favourite place for a city break, so I'm sticking these 5 places to eat there on my 'to visit' list.
- Saturday Night Live is such an amazing institution and I love these backstage photos. It much be an incredible thing to be a part of; I bet Lorne Michaels is very proud of it.
- Some interviews with two of my favourite bloggers - Elise Joy and Rachel Phipps.
- Which outfit is your favourite? Right now, I'm loving a striped top, dark skinny jeans and black ankle boots. I'm not sure what that says about me; probably that I'm unadventurous in fashion.
- Even Hollywood is obsessed with Serial. Ewan McGregor is adorable, no?
- I think renting a Swedish cottage would be a perfect, relaxing group holiday. Here's how to make that happen.
- My friend Joe is putting on a screening of CitizenFour in Leeds. You should come and geek out with us there.