(Photo by Gratisography)
I'm back! Did you miss me? I spent last weekend (and most of last week) on my sick bed with a nasty cold, but now I'm back better than ever (sort of). As well as dosing myself up on Lemsip and trying not to cough on conference calls, I also turned 25 (no big), had an absolutely wonderful dinner at Roast & Conch (seriously, so good) and attended the Fat Faced Cat Supper Club which was a triumph. I also added to my Le Creuset collection with a beautiful coastal blue shallow casserole dish - it's love, for real, posted my wedding invites, discovered Gu Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate and appeared on my first ever podcast! Phew! Not bad for someone with a high temperature and inflamed sinuses, eh? I've also rounded up all these lovely links for you - I hope you enjoy!
- A little something ranty from me: It's 2015 and Page 3 is still not OK
- Love books and food? First things first, let's be friends. Secondly, you should read these literary food blogs.
- I think we all need to see these videos of a mock Pizza Hut run entirely by cats. (On a related note: how cute are cats riding on Roombas? It's a perfect marriage.)
- Want to write a bestselling novel? There's still time! Proof.
- For Harry Potter fans: a re-imagining of the series from Hermione's point of view. #BossWitch
- When there's no desserts in the house, make yourself a chocolate mug cake.
- Want to get a handle on your wardrobe? Read this practical guide to owning less clothes.
- 5 Things I Teach My Interns That I Wish Someone Had Taught Me.
- This house is everything that dreams are made of and more!
- Do you have the traits needed to be a successful female millennial? Are you, like me, unsure exactly what a millennial is?
- 17 Fictional Kick-Ass Qualities of Fictional Women We Need to Adopt. Lisa Simpson is my heroine.
- How has the rise of fast-casual restaurants like Shake Shack and Five Guys changed the food industry? In a lot of ways, it seems.
- Blood Orange Rosemary Gin Cocktail, you say? Get in my mouth.
- I need to get my shit together in February, and I think some of these things could help.