Photo by Bethany Legg
This week has felt like one long Wednesday. All my best intentions for January have kind of gone out of the window in favour of comforting chocolate puddings and nights spent under knitted blankets. Yesterday was a chance to blow the cobwebs away with a hearty - and rather blustery - walk with friends in Sheffield and today we're off to a family meal for my father-in-law-to-be's birthday. It's okay. I'm okay. How are you getting on?
- Want a happier kitchen life? Lil has 5 easy steps to make you feel like a domestic goddess (or god!). I'll be clearing out my cupboards and sorting out my freezer asap!
- If you read this blog, you'll know this to be true - food isn't grim up North!
- Do you like to read the book before the movie release? Get on it now! I'm excited for Daniel Ratcliffe as Frankenstein. I'm also excited for A Level English classes who will finally get a good movie to watch at the end of the term. The Kenneth Branagh version? Not so good.
- Related: The true story behind Lolita. Heart-breaking.
- The election is coming up fast. I was pleasantly surprised by Cosmo's list of policies they want to see.
- Want to save money to go travelling? Get serious about it.
- Also, pay off your soul-crushing debt. You can do it.
- I'd love to have customised wedding cocktails - this aquavit rosemary one looks gorgeous!
- This list of celebrity photos that would be worth looking at made me laugh.