Hey friends! I've got a little something for you today. Have you heard of Uber? They're a private hire car service which you can use totally through your phone - so you can order a car, track it, and, most importantly, pay all at the click of a button. No cash needed! They've recently launched in Leeds and we've pretty much abandoned regular taxis because it's so much easier than scrabbling around for pound coins at the end of the night. If you fancy trying them out, sign up here using the code UBERAMYLIZ and get £15 off your first ride. Given that my most recent bill was for £3.51, if you're not going too far that'll probably mean a free ride!
Not only that. but I've got all these lovely links for you - my first batch of the year. I know there is plenty more good stuff to come. I think it's too soon to call the kind of year that 2015 is going to be (although it's been pretty decent so far) but I have a good feeling about it.
- The most astonishing photos of 2014. We live in a pretty astonishing world.
- A little well-timed advice never goes amiss, especially when it's written beautifully, so it's worth taking a look at the 10 best Dear Sugar columns of the year. (via Joy).
- Don't want to get healthy, start yoga or stop drinking? These alternative new year's resolutions are for you.
- What were we searching for in 2014? I think I mostly searched for good brunch recipes.
- Lil has pulled together her Leeds food highlights for 2014 - but you still have a chance to get stuck into them in 2015.
- Here is what happens when each Myers Briggs Personality Type Makes a New Year's Resolution. On a sidenote, I'm an ENFJ. How about you? (via Tracy).
- I am definitely up for more Long Island Iced Teas, tacos & gyros. Here's some predictions for what we'll be eating in the coming year.
- What's it like to watch Harry Potter for the first time? Hilarious, actually. Siriusly, tho.
- I think we were all guilty of succumbing to these scary trends during the early 2000s. Handkerchief hems. Why?!