[Photo by Ales Krivec]
So, Christmas is over and this is my final Weekend Link Love of 2015. How did that happen, exactly? My Christmas trip down South to visit my family was short but sweet, and now I'm safely ensconced back in Leeds, trying my best to get ready for 2015. This week is always an odd one, a kind of limbo filled with leftover chocolates before the new year begins. I think everyone feels a bit reflective, it's hard not to - but all in all this has been a pretty incredible year. The best ever, perhaps. But if there's one thing that I know for sure, it's that the best is yet to come. So pour yourself a drink and enjoy these links; relax now before the franticness of next year is upon us. Thanks for reading, friends!
- It's important to laugh at yourself - and at these food blog trends of 2014 that probably need to die a death now.
- Related: 15 food blogger problems.
- Are you bereft now that Serial is over? Here are some suggestions to help you get over it.
- This Cardamom, Cranberry and Clementine Tart is all my dreams come true at once.
- "Society abhors a woman who can’t be categorised — especially if she is wilfully defying the categories, and even more so if she’s famous." - In praise of 'fake' women.
- Important: A definitive ranking of Jane Austen's male hotties.
- Want something to get your teeth stuck into (that isn't leftover sprouts?) - 11 of the best longform pieces of 2014.
- Is writing a book on your goal list for 2015? Here's some advice to help you make it happen.
- In case you haven't eaten enough this festive season - here's the 12 best food blog recipes of 2014.