Hey, everyone! It's nice to see you again. I hope you're starting to feel sufficiently festive - this year I'm definitely not feeling the Christmas spirit as much as usual but some Christmas tunes in the office and the wearing of tacky jumpers has definitely helped. As you read this, I'll probably be quite hungover - it was my work Christmas do last night and I'm sure that much alcohol was consumed. We're going to an alpine ski lodge pop up somewhere in the depths of Harrogate, and the menu looks incredible so I'm pretty excited!
This week, I also went to the first ever Leeds Food & Drink Awards, hosted by Leeds List. The awards ceremony took place in the Leeds City Museum, which I've not been in before - it's a gorgeous building and it felt rather grand. You can see all the results here - I was pleased that some of my favourites won awards but, as always, not everyone can be a winner and there were some deserving names which I felt missed out. It was a fun night though - I got to finally try some of Fu-Schnikens buns and chatted to someone with a supper club. My obsession persists - as soon as I have the space, then I am definitely starting one! I also had a mini Serial Podcast listening party on Thursday night. I am totally addicted - if you've not listened then you definitely need to! How was your week?
- Everyone's obsessing over the cover, but you should read this #BreakTheInternet interview with Arabelle Sicardi - I've loved her work for a long time.
- Let's get heavy for a minute, because this is important: First world problems? Not a thing. (via Rachel Hills - whose book has a release date & a front cover, and I'm very excited about it.)
- What does it really mean to invest in yourself? It's so important, but I think most of us aren't doing it enough (myself included).
- "Being brave isn’t about doing scary things without fear – it is acknowledging how utterly terrified you are, and doing it anyway." - 36 Ways to be Braver.
- Lil wrote a very thought-provoking piece about diabetes and conception. You should read it.
- This is the sweetest idea ever - who wants to do a Leeds version with me?
- Is Mindy Lahiri the greatest TV character of the year? I think the answer is probably yes. She makes me laugh so hard.
- Some food for thought (if you're a blogger): Why I'm Not a Professional Blogger.
- Would you drink Bulletproof Coffee?
- North Korea is endlessly fascinating and horrifying - Suki Kim explains what it was like to teach North Korean graduate students to write essays.