This week has felt a little grey, hasn't it? I'm not sure the sun has come out even once in Leeds, which is a sad state of affairs, really. It definitely puts me in a worse mood; summer has me literally skipping in the streets whilst the bitter cold of winter makes me hurry between places as quickly as possible. Luckily, I've had some fun places to hurry to; on Thursday I caught up with Emma at the newly opened Cabana and drank some delicious Caipirinhas, and this weekend we travelled down to Nottingham to visit some of our sweet friends. Whilst driving on the motorway for the first time was not my idea of fun, it was super fun to hang out with them all.
Today I'm having a lazy day; December feels like a whirlwind so I'm taking some time to chill out before everything gets caught up and suddenly it's January. How about you?
- If you want to do a good deed this Christmas, check out Refuge's wish list.
- Kate's home is absolutely beautiful - and it was all done on a budget, so you can be sure that I'm trying to pick up tips from her.
- Searching for the perfect Christmas present? Check out my gift guide for feminists! (P.S. You might also be interested in gifts for geeks, hipsters and foodies).
- Sometimes you just need to make a mug cake. This banana caramel one is genius.
- This week I, like the rest of the Internet, have become obsessed with Serial. If you are addicted too, you might enjoy these charts and these books.
- I think I could get on board with brussels sprouts if they were always pan roasted with honey and garlic.
- What does it actually mean to be a shopaholic? It's certainly more serious than it sounds.
- Are you making blogging mistakes?
- How do you keep your pie crusts from shrinking? This is the theory, let's see if I can put it into practice.
- This cranberry brioche is perfect for this time of year. I can't wait to make it.
- Chilli should definitely be made with chunks of beef, not mince - and this just proves it: Sweet Potato & Chorizo Chilli.