This week has been mostly spent making to-do lists. I am full of ideas for this blog right now but, as with all things, time is in short supply so I'm scribbling notes to myself left, right and centre so I don't forget anything. It's not just for this blog, though, it's been a productive week all round - sorting out the house and finally digging out my winter wardrobe, starting and finishing books I've been meaning to read for weeks, going on as many runs as the weather will allow... It still never feels like enough, though. I'm a perfectionist Type A to a 'T' - I don't think I've ever sat down at the end of the week and been satisfied with how much I've achieved - there's always more to do. As evidenced by those mammoth to-do lists.
As well as beavering away on a hundred different things this week, I've also stuffed myself silly with Canadian food, courtesy of my expat friend Cheryl who's just been granted a visa to live here (hooray!), reminisced about 90s TV theme tunes, celebrated the 1st birthday of Trinity Kitchen, baked Izy's Swedish Chocolate Cake (again) and dug out all of my winter scarves. How about you?
- I wrote a little guide on my favourite places to eat, stay and shop in Leeds over on The Loveliest Food. If you're looking for more recommendations, take a look at my Leeds Food Map.
- These iconic photographs had me crying at my desk, even if they were pretty US-centric. It's amazing to think how much we have already lived through and how much is yet to come. (via Tracy)
- What's it really like to write a cookbook? There seems to be a lot of washing up involved...
- I am still obsessed with reading about Gone Girl (although I still haven't seen it). This one was particularly interesting: What 'Gone Girl' is Really About.
- I think we've all wondered how to make friends as an adult.
- On the subject of friendship, this piece is completely beautiful.
- Along with pretty much all twenty-something women, I've been reading Lena Dunham's 'Not that Kind of Girl' this week. I loved Emma's thoughts on how it made her feel.
- How Instagram made me a better person.
- I want this in my mouth: apple cardamom oat crumble. Perfect.