Now that summer is over, everything feels like it's slowed down. There is less spontaneity, fewer plans and more nights spent on the sofa underneath a fleecy blanket. I am okay with this. It was time. It means I have time to tidy my house, do a proper food shop and slow cook lamb for dinner. Which is very boring and domesticated, I know, but it's definitely good for my peace of mind. That's not to say that that nothing has been going on. I've been practising my driving (which is going well - the parking, not so much), I ran my fastest ever 6k and I spent last night at Millennium Square trying the best street food the country has to offer. I'll be writing more about that in due course, but safe to say it was incredible! What have you been up to this week?
- Everyone needs to read this article: My year as an abortion doula. (Although small word of warning, there are a couple of graphic descriptions so if you're squeamish like me, be prepared!)
- I want to be the person who runs Barbie's Instagram. So good.
- Unsurprisingly, Lena Dunham gives great advice. I'm very excited about her book release.
- The most popular food on Twitter in every state. I wonder what the UK's most talked about food would be? I'm guessing burgers.
- What does a recipe editor do? Related: I think I want to be a recipe editor. (via Rachel)
- These Harry Potter snapchat puns are the funniest thing I've seen all year. Witches be crazy!
- I need to eat this date & walnut banana bread with home-made salted caramel.
- 6 cafés turned literary landmarks. How fun! I wonder if we can think of any more? (via Paper/Plates)
- Dear Lost 20-Something. It's all going to be okay.