I feel like these introductions are always the same - but that's because life pretty much plods along at the same pace. I'm happy with that. When I was younger I dreamed of an exciting life full of twists and turns, but I am learning that contentment comes from a steady life with a few adventures thrown in. This week has been much the same as any week, work and play in equal measures. My definitely highlights were last night's menu at Cornucopia, birthday celebrations for a sweet friend on Saturday, and some drinks & piles of pulled pork with Emma and Ally on Tuesday. Blogger talk is always fun. I also drove my new car on my own for the first time and didn't die, which is a massive win. And I started work on a new scarf. It's official, everyone is getting scarves for Christmas.
How was your week?
- Could we stop feeling “guilty” for wanting an effing brownie? YES!
- Books you should read now based on your high school favourite. Because my 'to read' list isn't long enough already...
- On the topic of books, if you're ready Bad Feminist, why not get yourself some sprinkle dipped marshmallows to go with it? Yep. It'll make sense if you read the link.
- Oh, and how cute are these little free libraries? I want to start one!
- How fake is food styling?
- Amazing Roald Dahl cakes that Wonka himself would be proud of. Matilda was always my favourite Roald Dahl book, how about you?
- I'm clinging onto summer with this roasted tomato and garlic tart from Smitten Kitchen.