So, what have you all been up to this week? I have been stressing about the amount of stuff I have to do recently, which is really not a positive place to be. It's silly really, because so much of it is self-imposed but when I get a bee in my bonnet about an idea then I want to see it through. And oh boy, do I have an idea. And a whole hive of bees. I'm not sure about that metaphor, but you get me. I am also a perfectionist, which is both a blessing and a curse as fellow over-achievers will attest to. I suspect that's the case for a lot of bloggers - otherwise why would we pick a hobby that can sometimes be so much like work? I kind of wish that I was really into a sport or painting or something instead. But I'm not. Blogging is my jam.
However, despite all that stress I have had a pretty awesome week. Yesterday we went to Knaresborough for a bit of exploration - it's such a quaint little place! I also enjoyed watching Lil's cooking demonstration at the Le Creuset store in Leeds, having afternoon tea with Emma and some Tuesday night drinks with Katie & Ed, where we spent too much time marvelling over the fact that Red from Orange is the New Black is Captain Janeway. Mind. Blown. Today we're off to Paul's parents house for his grandparents' anniversary party. I hope there's cake!
- 10 foods you shouldn't throw away - I always use up bananas in banana bread but it might be better to save them for smoothies!
- So, where are you from?
- Are you spending more time consuming than you are creating? I know I am - and I think it might be time to switch things up!
- I want to shovel this three-ingredient summertime salsa into my mouth with tortilla chips and complete abandon.
- Food for thought: I'm a lesbian marrying a man.
- More food for thought: Why are women's publications still ridiculed? (Don't get me wrong, there's a lot wrong with Cosmo but this is definitely an issue).
- Love this Real Talk from Kim: Why 'If you're not happy, change it' is the worst piece of advice ever.
- Do you need to spend lots of money to have a successful blog? (Also, can I talk about how much I hate the term 'mini haul' - you bought three things, in no way is that a haul, even a mini one.)
- This is the most useful post ever: where to find alternative FREE stock photos.