(Photos by Victor Hanacek)
I can't be the only one that has full blown Great British Bake Off fever? It's just over a week until it's back on our telly boxes in all its innuendo-laden glory. So, in honour of this glorious televisual event, I'd like to organise a little Great British Blogger Bake Off. Or a big Great British Blogger Bake Off, depending on how many of you want to break out your pinnies.
Want to be involved? Here's what you need to do:
- Whip up your very own Show-stopping Signature Bake.
- Post a blog post between Wednesday 6th & Friday 8th August
- Come back here and post your link on my #GBBBO (careful with the number of Bs!) blogpost so I can perv at all the baked goods.
- Check out the competitions and leave nice comments. Drool a little.
- Scoff your creation.
- Watch your email carefully to find out if you've won!
I will judge your lovely cakes over the weekend and select one to win the Great British Bake Off cookbook of your choosing! (I have How to Bake: The Perfect Victoria Sponge and other Baking Secrets, and I would recommend it!). Plus, you'll win the glory of being a Star Baker and get to boast to all your friends, which is the real prize in my eyes.
Whilst I love the Internet, it does have one major downfall in that I will not be able to taste the cakes. So the judging criteria will be as follows:
- Clear Instructions for Recreating Your Masterpiece
As in all things, the judge's decision is final (although I can be bribed with brownies...) and, I'll admit, kind of subjective. I can be swayed as equally by pretty pictures as pretty prose. There are no rules for what you have to bake - it can be sweet or savoury, biscuits or bread. Just watch those soggy bottoms...
If you have any questions, drop me a line at email@example.com or on Twitter @amy__liz and we'll talk baking!
Ready, set, bake!