I feel like I have been AWOL from the world this week. I've had a cold/ear infection/cough thing which has laid me low for the better part of two weeks so most of my time has been spent curled up on the sofa under a blanket trying to persuade Tuna to give me a cuddle. She wasn't into it. I'm finally coming back out the other side now and I'm so ready to get stuck in with everything. The sun has been torturing me through the window - I want to get out there and enjoy the spring!
Other than taking cough medicine and binge-watching Buffy, I did actually make it down to London last weekend. It was probably a mistake, as I was totally wrecked afterwards but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see some of my favourite people. I have Thoughts about London, which would probably bore you, but I am very much in a love-hate relationship with the city. Last weekend though, was glorious. I got to hang out with friends that I don't see enough of, ate Mexican food in Camden Lock, wandered around a sunny Enfield and finally got to go to Byron burger. You've won this round, London.
- On that note, I loved Zoë's reflections on living in London. I could be persuaded by posts like that.
- Next time I visit, I'll have to go to The Big Easy in Covent Garden. That pile of seafood is an absolute dream.
- Elise's thoughts on balance are so very wise.
- This is the most moving and inspirational story about sanitary pads that you'll ever read. Seriously, I cried.
- Why Lupita Nyong'o's Oscars Speech Felt So Special. This quote rings so true:
When we're laughing at Brad Pitt wolfing down a slice, we're laughing at the perceived weirdness of the situation—superhuman actor doing a regular-human thing. When we're retweeting that group selfie to become the most-shared Twitter image ever, it's not because the people in the picture are just like us—it’s because the famous lady on TV told us to.
- These slinky sculptures totally blew my mind. So clever!
- I've been baking a lemon drizzle cake this weekend, but I love the idea of swapping lemons for clementines.
- The 6 male characters women never get to see in movies. Cutting.
- This morning bread pudding with salted caramel is all that is good in the world.
- Britni's thoughts on feminism and social justice are always spot-on. Her declaration that feminism is optimism is no different. Definitely worth a read.
- If you're lucky enough to be jetting off to Marrakech, you might want to check out Camilla's guide to the best of the city.
- This personal photography project 'about what is essentially... Spinsterhood and the American Way' is creepy, jarring and genius all at once.
- I've been thinking about investing in one of the ubiquitous Naked palettes, so Nouvelle Daily's guide to the different ones was super useful.
- If you're a Harry Potter fan, you'll appreciate this list of seven things the movies forgot about Ron.
- How to make money from a food blog.
- J-Law's best friend spills the beans on what it's like to go to The Oscars as a non-famous person.