Hi friends, how are you? How was your week?
I've had a completely indulgent week, so I really can't complain. On Wednesday we headed over to Trinity Kitchen to try out the new offerings - Leeds residents, if you aren't heading to Dorshi to try their pork and black pudding dumplings immediately, you are a fool. I'm not even a fan of black pudding and I was totally bowled away! Their home-made sriracha is also a thing of beauty - it burns, but you'll keep going back for more. I was also lucky enough to dine on lobster at Blackhouse and some delicious Mexican food at Pinche Pinche this week so all in all, I've been rather spoilt.
Last night, we also headed over to Sheffield for some leaving drinks; one of Paul's best friends is heading off to the good old U S of A to live. It's been a long time coming (their visa system is brutal) but it's still bittersweet. I often dream about moving abroad (Copenhagen is my current locale of choice) but I'm not sure that when it came to the crunch, I'd really be all that stoked about it.
Other than that, I've been getting out on some runs, baking some delicious treats (watch this space) and booking our wedding venue (!). Oh, and reading these lovely links, of course:
- I want to stuff my face with these garlic herb bread twists.
- I've become quite the advocate for de-cluttering and this list of 38 Things You Need to Declutter NOW is super helpful if you want to start the process.
- Reading about productive people's morning routines makes me want to overhaul mine. In fact, I think I'll do just that...
- What being a fat woman is really like....
- B's photos of the beach make me want to grab my wellies and a neighbour's dog and head there straight away.
- I'm thinking of taking this food photography e-course.
- Baby names I want to use from The Simpsons - maybe I'll have more luck with these rather than trying to persuade Paul that we should name our future daughter Hermione...
- On that note, I found this article about raising kids without spending any money quite interesting (although I know I'll be a sucker for all the tiny shoes if and when the time comes...)
- Emma's very generously taking me to try out The Yorkshire Meatball Company next week and I'm super excited - doesn't it look delicious?
- I loved this article on how to make yourself feel happier about feminism
- Meet the 4 most desired people in New York (according to OKCupid)
Want more? Follow me: Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / Bloglovin / Pinterest