When you read this, I'll be in Edinburgh. I've been waiting for this trip for a couple of months now, and I am so excited! We'll be dining at fancy seafood restaurants, drinking whisky to celebrate Burns Night, visiting the cafe where J.K. Rowling famously penned the first Harry Potter novel and generally meandering around cobbled streets and marvelling at this fantastic city. I can't for sure say that it's my favourite city anywhere, I don't think I've travelled enough for that and my love for Reykjavik is pretty high, but I do absolutely love it. I'm very grateful to have finally gotten over my cold just in time for our trip, but I've been suffering with it this week! I am very glad that I'm not a sickly person, I can't imagine what it's like to have a terrible immune system and a propensity to catch bugs. I think it's thanks to some good genes that I don't get sick very often, so thanks Mum and Dad! I've not managed to do much else other than sit on the sofa and feel sorry for myself, but it did mean that I got to read the Internet and find these little gems for you:
- Joy the Baker's blog turns six and the post is definitely worth a read.
- This 1960s house is perfectly decorated. Why do the ones on Rightmove never look like that, eh?
- I am so into cardamom right now, so these lemon and cardamom cookies are at the top of my to-bake list.
- I feel that at (almost) 24, I should probably learn to do my make-up properly - starting with how to contour and highlight.
- These photos of the empty underground are beautiful, aren't they? I think I could cope with London more readily if the tube always looked like that!
- Some old pasta cooking myths that need to go away. Yes!
- 24 bizarre and sociopathic life lessons we learned from The Sims. Truth.
- I want to live in this gorgeous house - I can only dream that my home will one day look like this!
- Mint choc chip ice cream has always been my favourite, so Rachel's recipe for Mint Aero Ice Cream is a definite winner!
- During my trip to Edinburgh, this map of places to go has been my go-to. Always good to have an insider's perspective!
- Struggling to take photos indoors during the winter? These handy tips will help you out!