What a funny old week - there's definitely been some weird parts! Our boiler broke so we spent most of Thursday night making a cat nest so Tuna wouldn't freeze. Unsurprisingly, she wasn't impressed. There was a bit of drama at work the same day with a man threatening to jump off the roof of the car park right in our eye line - don't worry, they got him down! Other than that, I've been enjoying getting my Christmas jumpers out of hibernation, having dinner and cocktails with Emma, eating my weight in pulled pork at The Pit with my colleagues and spending the weekend frolicking in Nottingham with some of my favourite people and their adorable baby girl. Oh, and buying myself some McBusted tickets, obvs.
I've also been thinking about submitting my dissertation to a journal, but the thought of sitting down to do academic work again is very tiring - I might leave it until January. With the frost in the air (and, on Thursday, in our flat) and the Christmas lights twinkling, I've definitely been thinking a lot about next year and how I want it to pan out. But, I think I'm content. If 2014 could look a lot like the last couple of months, I'd be a very happy bunny.
- Want to know what it's really like to go to Burning Man? Paul is desperate to go - me, not so much. Not because it doesn't sound ace but I'd much prefer if it was in a colder climate!
- Bangs and a Bun nails it (again) on women, ageing and shining brighter
- If you're a blogger, you might find this checklist of things to do before hitting publish useful!
- We don't always want to think about what we would do if the worst should happen - but I think you should read this post on surviving if you lost your job.
- I want to make this candle holder for when I have a long table and dinner parties.
- Gruyere is my favourite cheese, so to me these fresh herb and gruyere puffs sound like heaven.
- The same could be said of these grated apple and cinnamon rolls.
- Souffles are usually thought of as tricky - but follow the instructions and you should be fine!
- I'm a total cat lady and an interior design fiend, so this cute post managed to combine a lot of my favourite things.
- And on that note, Megan's flat tour video is adorable - I can't wait until ours is more shareable!