I know I say it every week, but this week has been particularly manic! Lovely, but manic. On Monday, I went to Bettakultcha to see Martin perform an outstanding drag act which words just cannot describe - a definite highlight of the night, I'm sure all would agree! Tuesday saw me standing in the cold at the Roundhay bonfire, watching the fireworks and warming up afterwards with a delicious stew which my friend Helena had cooked up for us. Wednesday was dinner at the Wardrobe with the wonderful Eloise, with a burger so large I could barely pick it up! Delicious, though. Thursday provided a little bit of respite, as I caught up on the final episode of 90210 (and sobbed my eyes out) whilst on Friday, Paul and I headed to The Grand to watch Alan Bennett's latest offering, People. It was glorious, in that way that only Alan Bennett can be - I was so glad that we managed to catch it before it leaves Leeds.
Understandably, I hope, this weekend has involved some much needed down time! I've been blogging my socks off ready for a few busy weekends which are coming up in the near future, catching up on TV shows not watched (loving the new Big Bang Theory, however cheesy it is) and prepping everything ready to do it all again next week! I do feel very lucky when I think about how full my life is at the moment, but that's the subject for another post. You came here for links, and here they are!
- Absolutely love this concept - Real Life Instagram
- Sometimes when you make big life changes, the first few months will suck.
- We're all hoping for the answer to happiness, but there are certain things that won't complete you, however much you want them to. They might be fun though!
- Copenhagen is really high on my list for next year and these pictures might just push it up into first place!
- Lucy's photos of Oxford are equally beautiful - I would love to go back to Oxford for a weekend. Once just isn't enough!
- Buffalo Chicken Chilli. Yum!
- I'm obsessed with Rosie's red velvet cupcake video - so perfect! My favourite food and one of my favourite bloggers :) Also, I'm so jealous of that KitchenAid!
- Talking of baking, for all you Great British Bake Off fans, Olivia has a little interview with controversial contestant (but my personal favourite) Ruby!
- Gillian's Insider Guide to Edinburgh is going to come in handy when I'm there in January!
- Want to know what it's like to be a charity intern?
- Perhaps the best ever interview with a style icon ever - Bodhi the Menswear Dog.
- Everything about this is delicious - butterscotch pot de creme.
- How much money does Twitter owe you? I won't tell you my embarassingly low number...