As you read this, I'll be on my way to York to cheer on Paul and Michelle as they run the marathon - so send all your good luck their way! If you have any recommendations for good post-run pubs we can go to, tweet me! This week has been a funny one - it suddenly seems to have plunged right into autumn and the mornings and evenings are depressingly dark. I've only got a week left at my job before I start a new one, so I've been frantically trying to get things done and stave off any sadness at my departure. Next week will certainly be eventful, I'm sure. This week I've also been buying fluffy jumpers, eating Italian pastries for breakfast and finally catching up on all the shows we had recorded. It's been joyful. How was your week?
- Carrie from Wish Wish Wish has written a very useful post on DSLR photography for beginners.
- This caramel cider cinnamon apple pie is everything that's right with the world.
- Getting a sneak peek behind the rise and rise of Cupcakes and Cashmere was certainly eye-opening. It shows what a little elbow grease and some good business sense can do for you.
- Louise Orwin has done some research about teenage girls discussing their body issues on social media - and the hideous Youtube comments that come with that. The article is fascinating.
- Want to make some food blogger friends? Sign up for the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap with me!
- The fact that lecherous men will only stop hitting on girls if they say they have a boyfriend is messed up. Respecting another man's 'property' more than a woman's decision is messed up. So let's stop that.
- Allie talks openly about money and about what she is and isn't willing to spend on. It's definitely interesting - I'll happily spend good money on decent steak from the butcher and for a good haircut, but not on moisturiser or wine. I wonder what that says about me.
- Anyone else really want one of these pug t-shirts?