(Source: Death to the Stock Photo)
So I guess the biggest news from this week is that I've had my hair cut short! It's the shortest it's ever been, and I can't quite get used to it yet. I like how bouncy and thick it is though - my long hair was knotted and dry, so it's a novelty having healthy hair! Until I go to get it dyed back blonde next month that is...
I've also been attempting to bond with Tuna Fey, snacking on sushi with the beautiful Eloise, trying out some different recipes for one-pot pasta, and sitting in the dark during a power cut on Friday night. Fun! Oh, and reading all of these lovely links, of course:
- If you add only one blog to your feed reader of choice this month (I'm on Feedly, you?) make it One More Mum's Blog. Telling the story of her daughter's battle with anorexia, it makes my heart ache and my eyes prickle with tears. Not the happiest subject, but an important one all the same.
- Which Ryan Gosling character are you? (I'm Feminist Ryan Gosling, obvs)
- McDonalds proves it's impossible to live on minimum wage. Douchebags.
- Got a Plan B? Alex proves that if all else fails, things can still be kind of awesome.
- I've been obsessing over The High Tea Cast podcast this week - definitely worth checking out if you're looking for something to listen to on a commute/run/slow work day.
- I wasn't really a Vine convert...until now. There is too much good stuff in that video, just go and watch it, it will make your Sunday.
- Virtual harassment is still harassment. Just something to think about.
- This home improvement project is quick, cheap and looks pretty rad.
- Banoffee Pie Ice Cream? Yes please.
- My flat is not built for parties (sadly). There's just not enough space for big dinner parties and sophisticated soirees. But I'm taking heart from these 7 tips for entertaining in an apartment - it can be done!
What have you been reading this week?