(Photo by Paul)
Gosh golly, time sure flies when you're having fun/spending hours in the car on the M25/finishing a dissertation/attending weddings/etc. Right? I can't get back in the swing of this blogging thing at the moment. I'm passing out on the sofa from exhaustion pretty much every night, which is a rather sad state of affairs that I would like to rectify soon. I have been doing fun stuff too, though. Two weddings in as many weekends (I might share pictures of my Mum's if she lets me) and a pub crawl/catch-up/engagement celebration on Friday night where we ended up being kicked out of The Mustard Pot, because it really was closing time. How rock'n'roll we are. Somehow, I've still managed to find time to read all of these lovely snippets:
- The wonderful Not Dressed as Lamb teaches us how to make the most of your best feature
- We sometimes forget that what seems obvious to us, could help someone else.
- 10 words that you've probably been misusing. I know I have.
- 20 fictional men I would never sleep with. Preach.
- Did you know that the "desert" from the phrase "just deserts" is not the dry and sandy kind, nor the sweet post-dinner kind? Mind. Blown.
- I'm usually much more of a dog person, but I've recently started following Nala the cat on Instagram and I can't even deal with how cute she is.
- You may not realise it but how you do anything is how you do everything. I want to do everything with enthusiasm, good humour and passion. Better get on that then.
- Ali Graham illustrates the problems of world famous rappers to hilarious effect.
- Some wise words on choosing your friends carefully from Alison Lehman (who is fast becoming one of my favourite bloggers - definitely worth a read!)
- I am nowhere near having children, but I am bookmarking this as a reminder for when I am.
- I've been thinking a lot about selfies recently, and here are two articles about them: In Praise of the Selfie and A Story In The Shape of a Selfie.
What have you been reading this week?